Skip to Content Skip to Menu

cb_conditionals (fixed)

• beat
  • beat
2 years 11 months ago #327046 by beat
Replied by beat on topic cb_conditionals
Hi,
The look is not dependent on the function, but on the template.
We test our code on both Joomla 3 and Joomla 4, and to make 100% sure, I've now re-tested your use-case on both Joomla 3 and Joomla 4, and they work fine in both my test-setups.

Looking at your setup, there is one thing that is strange (although I couldn't reproduce an issue with that in my tests).
- The checkboxes field should not have conditions enabled, as it's not conditioned, especially not on itself.

The please also check following:
- Does the text field appear fine where you expect it without conditions applied to it ?
- Make sure that you are using the values and not the labels of your checkbox field in your conditions on your text fields
- Take a look at your javascript console of your browser (right-click inspect, then click the Console tab) for any potential errors while testing.

If none of these help, please private-message me a super-administrator access to check your configuration (link to PM me below).

Below are screenshots of my test setup that works fine.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• qneal78710
  • qneal78710
2 years 11 months ago #327081 by qneal78710
Replied by qneal78710 on topic cb_conditionals (fixed)
Beat,

Thank you for your last email. I made a mistake, my value "High School" is actually "High_School" and I was putting in the wrong value the whole time. I appreciate your patience and work on this ticket. My conditionals are now working fine and very easy to use.

Do you know if you guys are going to do new videos for any of the add-ons for Joomla 4? I ask because the cb_conditionals looks different from joomla 3 to joomla 4, and users may not understand how to use the new cb_conditionals.

Just as a side note, do you have any good examples of using cb_conditionals, as I would like to use this add-on more and I'm trying to figure out ideas.

Thanks Beat

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 11 months ago #327104 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb_conditionals (fixed)

Do you know if you guys are going to do new videos for any of the add-ons for Joomla 4? I ask because the cb_conditionals looks different from joomla 3 to joomla 4, and users may not understand how to use the new cb_conditionals.

Yes, we hope to eventually redo most of our videos for Joomla 4, but as you can imagine this takes an incredible amount of time.

Just as a side note, do you have any good examples of using cb_conditionals, as I would like to use this add-on more and I'm trying to figure out ideas.

Our demo site has several examples of CB Conditional. Suggest taking a look at the fields on the Demo tab which shows various field type demos.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon