Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Gallery usecase question

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
2 years 10 months ago #327361 by liaskas
CB Gallery usecase question was created by liaskas
Hello

We have a special request on a new project that we make regarding CB Gallery..

On a new site we will have only 2 usergroups assigned to users. Administrators and Registered.

What we need is that ONLY the Administrators can create Albums that will be visible and used by Registered users.

Example:

Administrator creates an Album (named "Private-Album") with privacy settings "Private (only me)".

When a Registered user wants to upload an image, file or anything else, he will not be able to create a new Album. He will only be able to use the Album "Private-Album" with the privacy settings that the Administrator has set.

Is it possible somehow?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 10 months ago #327372 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery usecase question
Yes that's possible. Within CB Gallery > Albums > Create set "Access" to whatever view access level you want to have permission to create albums. For administrators to create albums on users behalf they also need to be CB Moderators. You can adjust the CB Moderator view access level within CB > Configuration > Moderation. As for the privacy controls it sounds like you've already got them enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon