Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to trigger CB integration when Joomla account is created by Membership Pro

2 years 8 months ago #328069 by STUCKSHUTTER
We have a long history using the rock-solid Community Builder and it is flawless.

We are setting up a clone of our site with CB that will use Membership Pro for handling subscriptions.

The process flow for a new subscriber is to first successfully register and pay via Membership Pro then direct them to a link to CB to finish filling in the many custom fields CB managers.

We have the test site working except we can't seem to figure out how to get the CB integration to trigger automatically. We have set the configuration in CB to - Same as CMS "allow registration" but the CB account is not happening.

Are we missing something important in the configuration? Or, if not, is there a plugin that will accomplish this?

If none of the above are available, can you give us some ways to trigger the integration? We can code the integration if needed.

Thanks for your help in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328078 by krileon
By integration do you mean synchronizing the user? Sounds like they exist in Joomla, but not CB. That's due to the registration taking place outside of CB. We've no support for automating the synchronization. Typically you need to replace whatever registration API is being used with CBs API so they exist in CB. Below is CBs API for registering users.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18362-registering-a-user-through-cb-api

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #328082 by STUCKSHUTTER
Hi Krileon,
That's exactly what I was referring to. Thanks for the quick clarification. Too bad there isn't a way to automate the integration but I understand.

We'll call this one "closed".

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328084 by krileon
It'll be automated eventually as we hope to actually get rid of CBs external registration process and instead use Joomla's. We'd then override Joomla's registration, profile edit, and profile view layouts with our own to have CBs profile design with normal Joomla user object. CB fields would then just be stored in Joomla's profile fields table. This would allow CB to compatible with literally every 3rd party extension out of the box. That's the long term goal anyway. CB Framework needs to happen first, which will be started development this year and we'll of course need a robust migration extension to move the profile data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon