Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Dual activity streams?

• kdave321
  • kdave321
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #328113 by kdave321
Dual activity streams? was created by kdave321
Early on I moved the User Activity tab off the profile to its own page and it works fine with asset = "user, following" (plus some auto-actions ). We called this the Newsfeed.

The client would now like an additional activity stream back on the profile so we can have a nicer display of the profile user's posts ( formatted like the activity list instead of the blog ).

I see somehow the context is changing what displays on the profile - no connection activity, but we want to show only user posts ( and allow comments, etc on those posts) and not all the other activities.

Is there any way to accomplish this?
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by kdave321. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kdave321
  • kdave321
2 years 8 months ago #328117 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic Dual activity streams?
Sorry, I set up the Activity page a while ago and it took a while to find out where I did it. I am using the CB Activity module for the separate page, with its own asset of "user.connections,following", so the CB Tab is distinct, and I just need to configure that for posts (within the activity feed) only.

Thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328136 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Dual activity streams?
The activity tab is a unique usage. It displays your activity, activity posted on your stream, your connections activity, and the activity of things you're following only when viewing the stream as the profile owner. If you are not the profile owner it only shows that profiles activity and not their connections activity or their followed activity. This is the same behavior you'd see on Facebook home page vs profile page. It does this automatically, but only if Asset has not been set in the activity tab. Below is a breakdown of what asset it's using.

Viewing Self: user.connections,following
Viewing Other: user

The only way to mimic this behavior with other streams is to use IF substitution conditions in your asset since it does support substitutions. Example as follows.

[cb:if user_id="myid"]user.connections,following[cb:else]user[/cb:else][/cb:if]

The condition checks if the user id being used for the substitutions is the viewing user. See the below substitution tutorial for further usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon