Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Editor for CB GroupJive Wall

• UlMue
  • UlMue
2 years 8 months ago #328169 by UlMue
Editor for CB GroupJive Wall was created by UlMue
Hi there,
is it possible to activate an editor for the textarea in CB GroupJive Wall? Right now all I see is a simple text box and the send button.

I can't find any settings or parameters for it.

thank you
Uli

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328170 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editor for CB GroupJive Wall
Nope, that does not allow HTML and has no functionality for a WYSIWYG editor.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UlMue

• UlMue
  • UlMue
2 years 8 months ago #328172 by UlMue
Replied by UlMue on topic Editor for CB GroupJive Wall
Too bad... will that happen in the future?
I'm hoping for an implementation like CB Activity on the Pfofil site. It works perfect for us.

By the way... The GroupJive Wall accepts and interprets HTML code. At least the bold and italic tag.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328176 by krileon
CB GroupJive Wall is deprecated. It's only on maintenance mode at this point. It's made entirely irrelevant by CB Activity. Ensure CB Activity and CB Auto Actions is installed then in CB Auto Actions > System Actions publish the following system actions.

CB Groupjive - Stream
CB Groupjive - Stream Notification Edit
CB Groupjive - Stream Notification

You've now entirely replaced CB GroupJive Wall with a full activity stream. In CB Activity 6.0.0 (am currently working on this) it will just directly integrate with CB GroupJive and no longer require CB Auto Actions.

The same applies to CB GroupJive Photos, CB GroupJive Videos, and CB GroupJive Files. They too are in maintenance mode since you can replace them entirely with CB Gallery using the below system actions.

CB Groupjive - Gallery
CB Groupjive - Gallery Notification Edit
CB Groupjive - Gallery Notification

If using CB Activity then I also suggest publishing the below.

CB Groupjive - Gallery Create

By the way... The GroupJive Wall accepts and interprets HTML code. At least the bold and italic tag.

It accepts some HTML due to needing to maintain backwards compatibility with an older release. So it can process and display some safe HTML if you know the HTML.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• UlMue
  • UlMue
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #328180 by UlMue
Replied by UlMue on topic Editor for CB GroupJive Wall
WOW... Perfect. Much more than I expected at that point. Thank you for the info!

Just to make sure I don't make a mistake for the future. I just setting up the site and want to prevent data loss during live operation

I already can deactivate CB GroupJive Wall, CB GroupJive Gallery and use the described integration via CB Auto Action.
In the future the functionality will be integrated directly into CB GroupJive and the existing content will then be preserved?
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by UlMue.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328183 by krileon

I already can deactivate CB GroupJive Wall, CB GroupJive Gallery and use the described integration via CB Auto Action.
In the future the functionality will be integrated directly into CB GroupJive and the existing content will then be preserved?

Yes, existing content in CB Activity and CB Gallery will be preserved.

For the CB GroupJive integrations like Wall, Photos, Videos, and Files when they're officially removed from GJ I will have GJ on install migrate their data to CB Activity and CB Gallery (if installed), but for now their data is not migrated.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon