Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Editor for CB GroupJive Wall

• UlMue
  • UlMue
2 years 8 months ago #328196 by UlMue
Replied by UlMue on topic Editor for CB GroupJive Wall
Hi Kyle,

im really happy with this solution and used the weekend to check it. The integration in the several groups works fine with one exception.

The group members do not receive a notification after a new entry in the activity tab or an uploaded picture.

I see the toggler (Create of new activity) in the group notification menu, but it seems that it has no effect.

Is there an additional configuration which must be done? Could the german language be the reason?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328201 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editor for CB GroupJive Wall
It doesn't send an email action. That will log a notification to their profile notifications. For it to send an email you'd need to make a copy of the "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification" system action and change it to an Email action type. I don't recommend doing that though as users can end up being spammed with a lot of emails that way. I suggest actually converting all of GJs email notifications to on-site notifications via "CB GroupJive - General Notifications" and the other notification system actions for GJ integrations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• UlMue
  • UlMue
2 years 8 months ago #328291 by UlMue
Replied by UlMue on topic Editor for CB GroupJive Wall
ok, I understood. It works well with copy as email action type. But I think you're right, that would be a lot of emails. This could be classified as spam. Nevertheless, I need a solution for urgent entries in a group to inform the users. Any other idea?

What exactly do you mean by "...and the other notification system actions for GJ integrations."?

Sorry for asking again, but my biggest problem is the German translation of some plugins. There are some really misleading terms.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328292 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editor for CB GroupJive Wall
It's possible to replace all of GJs email notifications with on-site CB Activity notifications (the globe icon on your profile) using the various system actions for this (e.g. CB GroupJive - General Notifications). It's worth noting you don't have to do this. You can still have it send emails if you want or even send private messages instead.

Sorry for asking again, but my biggest problem is the German translation of some plugins. There are some really misleading terms.

Our translations are entirely community driven effort. If you'd like to improve them we'd certainly appreciate it! Details on how to join a language team can be found on our localization page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/localization

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon