Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Different template for community builder and plugin pages ?

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
2 years 8 months ago #328203 by liaskas
Hello
I have a strange situation situation related to the templates assignment in cbsuns

Site uses 2 different Cassiopeia template instances.

Template 1 is assigned only to 2 menu items (not anyhow related to community builder or cbsubs)
1. www.domain.com/index.php
2. www.domain.com/index.php?option=com_visforms&view=visforms&id=4&Itemid=483

Template 2 is the default template and is assigned to all other pages including community builder and cbsubs.

So here is the case...

user is navigating everywhere and the template is correct (template 2) for all community builder pages!

Then he goes to .../index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=display_subscriptions&Itemid=486 and he is correctly viewing the default template.

Then he selects a plan and clicks to buy it

e is transferred here... /index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&user=136897&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions that uses Template 1. This is wrong!

He clicks to cancel payment and subscription and e is redirected here...
/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpmethod=cancelpay&cbppdtback=c9cd9abf779d95329e0a33c9c5f5419e&cbpbasket=12240&do=gw&result=cancel&cbpid=cbp61f7ff... Here he also sees Template 1 that is not the default template and is assigned only to 2 menu items.

What we need is that all community builder pages and all cb plugin pages to use the default template.

Can you please advise?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328205 by krileon
CB itself has nothing to do with Joomla template assignment. Joomla template assignment is entirely based off menus. So it's based off the Itemid in the URL. This sounds like a Joomla bug if template 1 is being used when no Itemid is present while template 2 is marked as default as that's the exact case the default template is supposed to be covering. Is this on Joomla 3 or Joomla 4?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: liaskas

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
2 years 7 months ago #328688 by liaskas
Forgive me Krileon!

Did not see your question at the end. Unfortunately i still have the problem and try to find a workaround.

It is joomla 4

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328696 by krileon
You've Template 1 assigned to your Home page correct? Try removing that assignment and see if that fixes it. Seams like a Joomla 4 bug since URLs without an Itemid should always be using the default template. It's possible that behavior was changed in Joomla 4 though to use the previously loaded template instead.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon