Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB GroupJive - Comments are not displayed

• UlMue
  • UlMue
2 years 8 months ago #328340 by UlMue
I'm observing strange behavior in one of my CB GroupJive groups, but I can't find the error.

I use the CB Auto Action - System Actions to generate notifications in the activities. This also applies to uploaded images and files in CB Gallery.
I see the activity and also the comment box below it. I can write and send a comment. It will appear immediately. So far everything is fine.

If I now reload the page (F5), the activity is displayed, but not the comment. It is entered and visible in the database.

In a second group it works without problems.
Where could the mistake be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328346 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB GroupJive - Comments are not displayed
What type of activity is the comment on? A CB Gallery upload activity in the group, a regular activity post, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• UlMue
  • UlMue
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #328348 by UlMue
Replied by UlMue on topic CB GroupJive - Comments are not displayed
A CB Gallary upload.

The regular Activity comments work in all groups. Only the comments for uploaded files or pictures do not always work.
It works in one group, not in the other.

I checked all possible settings of the groups. They are equal.
The only difference I can see is the access levels of the group category. It works in a group with level "Registered". It doesn't work in a group called "Manager". The Registered level includes the "Manager" level in Joomla settings
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by UlMue.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328357 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB GroupJive - Comments are not displayed
What is the asset of that activity post? You should be able to see its asset within CB Activity > Activity. Next within CB Activity > Comments check the asset of the comment after attempting to comment. Does the comments display when viewing the gallery entry in its modal window?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• UlMue
  • UlMue
2 years 8 months ago #328368 by UlMue

krileon wrote: What is the asset of that activity post? You should be able to see its asset within CB Activity > Activity. Next within CB Activity > Comments check the asset of the comment after attempting to comment.

The assets are identical.
CB Activity > Activity: groupjive.group.8.gallery.files.37
CB Activity > Comments: groupjive.group.8.gallery.files.37
Both group and file ID are correct.

krileon wrote: Does the comments display when viewing the gallery entry in its modal window?

Yes, the comment will be displayed in the modal window

• UlMue
  • UlMue
2 years 8 months ago #328369 by UlMue
I have now seen that the behavior with "Likes" is the same in this group.
Visible after submit, not visible after page reload, visible in modal window

Moderators: beatnantkrileon