Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Gift Subscription Question

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #328666 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Gift Subscription Question
I tried to create a merchandise gift plan instead of the subscription gift plan to resolve the issue of gift plan expiration. When i try to assign it from backend to a test user i get...

An error has occurred.
1048 Column 'parent_plan' cannot be null

Anyway i switched back to subscription gift plan and set the validity time to 10 days. (No big problem in my case, but maybe you should check the "merchandise gift plan" solution for other members here).

Then to remove the "subscription gift plan" after usage from subscription update possibilities i created another type CB Paid Subscriptions auto action, set user: self, conditions: field->cb_gifts, User -> Viewing user, Operator -> Not equal, Value -> 1 and in Action Tab: Mode -> Delete, Plans -> The plan that i want to be deleted.

Then i added this auto action to the Type Action and there we are. An automated gift subscription is ready.

Now there is only one point that needs to be resolved!

Right now, after gift subscription activation, User A (the one who offers the gift) is redirected back to his profile. Is it possible to redirect him back to user B (the one who received the gift) profile?

Also... is it possible to create a mail auto action that will inform user B (the one who received the gift), that User A (the one who offers the gift) has activated a gift subscription for him? Because now User B gets a gift without knowing from whom.

Thank you!
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by liaskas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328673 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gift Subscription Question

I tried to create a merchandise gift plan instead of the subscription gift plan to resolve the issue of gift plan expiration. When i try to assign it from backend to a test user i get...

Not sure I understand what your process was. So you were trying to give someone a merchandise plan from backend to do what exactly? That plan would increment your gift field?

1048 Column 'parent_plan' cannot be null

Very strange error since merchandise plans don't even create subscription rows. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry to see if there's any more information to the error. I'm not seeing any errors when trying to give a merchandise plan to a user in backend. Please also provide Joomla version, PHP version, and database version.

Right now, after gift subscription activation, User A (the one who offers the gift) is redirected back to his profile. Is it possible to redirect him back to user B (the one who received the gift) profile?

Ensure the redirect is on Action 3 via its Output parameters and the below should be sending you back to that users profile.

[cb:url location="profile_view" /]

Also... is it possible to create a mail auto action that will inform user B (the one who received the gift), that User A (the one who offers the gift) has activated a gift subscription for him? Because now User B gets a gift without knowing from whom.

You can add as many actions as you want to Action 3. So for example create an email action and configure the email to send however you like then add it to Action 3. By default the recipient user should be the user being gifted a subscription unless you set User to Self so technically you could send an email to both users if you wanted. To let them know who sent the gift you can use user="#me" usage in your substitutions. The below for example would be the name of the person who sent the gift subscription.

[cb:userdata field="name" user="#me" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: liaskas

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
2 years 7 months ago #328686 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Gift Subscription Question
Everything works properly Krileon!

Thank you very much for your help. Thank you all for CB and it's plugins!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon