Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can GroupJive group creation/joining be done at user registration?

• NFA
  • NFA
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #328624 by NFA
Dear reader,

I want to make it very easy and fast for new users to create a new GroupJive group/page or join an existing GroupJive group.

So basically, I want a public GroupJive group registration form that also (in the background) creates a user account for new users.

At Community Builder (I believe), all new users must first go through the entire CB user registration process. When that procedure has been successfully completed, approved and verified, the user have to return to the website. There they have to login and create a GroupJive group. For many of them, it feels like they have to do multiple registrations to create or join just one group. I want my website to focus on creating groups and doing user registration, in the case of new users, in the background.

Is there any way that unregistered users can directly create and publish a GroupJive group and then get the user account (emails, approvals, etc) afterwards? So that the GroupJive page can be online a few minutes after the user first visits the website, and all email checks and admin approval are done after that?

With kind regards, Noa
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by NFA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328629 by krileon
They can quickly joined groups at time of registration by using the Auto Join field provided by CB GroupJive. In order to create a group at time of registration you'll have to use CB Auto Actions with the CB GroupJive action type. The below for example will get you started.

Global
Triggers: onAfterSaveUserRegistration
Type: CB GroupJive
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Mode: New Group
Name: [username]
Category: Uncategorized

Note the above is just an example. It will create a group with the same name as their username and will do so without a category. If you want to allow them to supply the group name then you need to create a field for them to do so that's available at registration then you can substitute in that field (e.g. [cb_groupname]). You can also create a category for the group or select what category it should belong to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• NFA
  • NFA
2 years 7 months ago #328632 by NFA
Hi Krileon,

Thanks for your quick answer! With that, I will be able to implement the part you describe.

However, I want to give the users directly all the full GroupJive group creation options. How can I also give them the follow default GroupJive Group creation options like:
1. Select or upload group canvas
2. Select or upload group logo

Besides that, is there a simpler approach for:
3. Input the short group info description at first website visit
4. Input the rich HTML content for the GroupJive About plugin

Reading your answer, I think I can do point 3 and 4 with a one time used custom CB user field at registration. But I think especially the huge rich HTML data from the GroupJive About tab will be tricky, and it will also store those content it in their user's profile before CB Auto Action that moves it to GroupJive (like you described). Isn't there an easier and better way?

Regards, Noa

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328635 by krileon

However, I want to give the users directly all the full GroupJive group creation options. How can I also give them the follow default GroupJive Group creation options like:
1. Select or upload group canvas
2. Select or upload group logo

You won't be able to. They're 2 totally different forms with different storage behaviors. The auto action is limited in what it can do and CB registration cannot completely replicate the group create form.

Maybe an easier approach would be to just redirect them to the new group page on their first login? That way when they login for the first time they can immediately begin making their group. You can set the first login redirect within CB > Configuration > Registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NFA

Moderators: beatnantkrileon