Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] all profiles visible apart from own profile - 404

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #328740 by pjfroelofs
After updating to latest CB, the own profile page is not showing anylonger.
Profiles of other people are functioning well.

One template generates a '404' page.
An other template shows:
ILLEGAL MIX OF COLLATIONS (LATIN1_SWEDISH_CI,IMPLICIT) AND (LATIN1_GENERAL_CI,IMPLICIT) FOR OPERATION '='

Please advise,
Patrick
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328753 by krileon
Your database collations are incorrect. Ensure your entire Joomla database has a collation of utf8mb4_unicode_ci. Can usually use the Operations tab of phpmyadmin to mass-change collation for tables and their columns (make a backup before you do this). Joomla is and always has been UTF8 so it's important data is stored in the expected collation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #328787 by pjfroelofs
Replied by pjfroelofs on topic all profiles visible apart from own profile - 404
database is set already set to utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

I retraced my steps:
-- update cb to 2.7.2
-- update plugins
--- CB Profile book to 3.2.0
--- CB Activity to 5.0.0
--- CB Galery to 2.4.0

after updating the plugins, the problems shows in the frontend:
The own profile page is giving the error 1267.
Profiles of other people are showing ok.

I can even edit my own profile perfectly, but after saving, the error shows.

Please advice.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328812 by krileon
Your collations are not all correct if you're getting that error. It's directly from SQL. Use phpmyadmin and under Operations force all tables AND their columns to utf8mb4_unicode_ci. Make a backup before doing this. That will fixed the mixed collation environment.

The own profile page is giving the error 1267.

Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Once done retry and provide the full error being output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #328819 by pjfroelofs
Replied by pjfroelofs on topic all profiles visible apart from own profile - 404
I solved the problem by using the latest version of CB activity plugin.
I was using a 5.0.0-2021-08 version, that generated the problem.
The 5.0.0-2022-02 version is ok!

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon