Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Require Moderator Approval of Posts in GroupJive Groups (CB Activity)

2 years 7 months ago #328873 by chrisw0830
I'm trying to figure out how to require moderator approval for new posts that are created in the Activity feed within a group.

I'm using CB Auto-Actions to manage the feed. I'm having trouble figuring this out. What am I doing wrong? I know I've missed something somewhere...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328888 by krileon
There is no moderator approval in CB Activity. That might be something added in CB Activity 6.0.0, but at this time it does not exist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #328893 by chrisw0830
Hmmm.... OK.

If I go back to using the Group Jive Group profile wall, I think I can set posts to require moderation. But then I lose all of the rich function of the activity feed and am running on a deprecated feature. If I set video uploads to require moderation, that actually solves part of the problem.

How about if I could create a custom action in Auto Actions? I haven't played around with these very much. Just a thought.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328903 by krileon
There is no way to implement approval for activity posts right now. It just doesn't have any such functionality at all. I will be reviewing adding support for this closer to the end of CB Activity 6.0.0 development where it should be relatively easy to add support for this, but right now it's just not possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #328909 by chrisw0830
OK - Well, at least I know. I suppose I'll just have to wait patiently... B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon