Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Expired subscriptions question

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
2 years 7 months ago #328876 by liaskas
Expired subscriptions question was created by liaskas
Hello

We have a question regarding cb subs but we have to take things from the beginning so that it becomes clear why we ask for this.

On our cb subs we have 3 plans.
Plan A (cheapest 1 week)
Plan B (more expensive 1 month)
Plan C (most expensive 1 year)

When a user subscribes for the first time to a plan, it is normal that he selects the cheapest Plan so that he can evaluate the services and decide if he wants to continue.

When the plan that the user selected first expires, the user is redirected to the plan selection page in order to select and activate a new subscription.

What he sees there is the old (expired) subscription, with a nice button that prompts him to resubscribe to that plan.

The other plans show as normal, with their checkbox that has to be selected and then scroll down to the bottom of the page to click the subscribe button.

What i an trying to say is that the expired subscription is more promoted than the other plans!

To deal with this, we are backend visiting all profiles that their subscription expired and delete the expired subscription profile by profile. You can understand that this is very time consuming. Anyway... this way all plans show appear the same way on subscription page and no plan is promoted more than the others.

We have searched your forum for days and all posts regarding the deletion of expired subscriptions seem unsafe.

Is there a way to auto delete the expired subscriptions somehow (auto action, cron... anything?) after their expiration so that users are not prompted to resubscribe to the cheapest plan that they subscribed at first.

This is not a bug or a problem with cb subs. It is a critical issue though related to the sales strategy of ours and who knows... maybe others have the same concern.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328889 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Expired subscriptions question
You could use CSS to swap the order of those displays or worst case a custom CBSubs template plugin (use Rounded template as an example) to completely customize how everything looks.

Is there a way to auto delete the expired subscriptions somehow (auto action, cron... anything?) after their expiration so that users are not prompted to resubscribe to the cheapest plan that they subscribed at first.

Yes, that's doable. The CB Paid Subscriptions action has an option for deleting a subscription. I don't recommend doing this, but the below should work (test this locally and thoroughly before applying to your live site!).

Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
Type: CB Paid Subscriptions
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var3]
Operator: Equal To
Value: PLAN_ID_HERE
Condition 2
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var2]
Operator: Equal To
Value: X
Action
Mode: Delete
Plans: SELECT_PLAN_HERE

Replace PLAN_ID_HERE with the ID of the plan you want to check against. That should delete the subscription as soon as they expire. Again, test this extensively to be sure it's really what you want. This will not give them an option to renew their existing subscription. They'll have to completely resubscribe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
2 years 7 months ago #328894 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Expired subscriptions question
Thank you for your reply Krileon.

I created the auto action following step by step your directions.

Seems that it is not working!

Test 1
User has 2 subscriptions and one of them (the one that we have set to be deleted) expires. The expired subscription is not deleted.

Test 2
User has one subscription (the one that we have set to be deleted) and it expires. The expired subscription is not deleted.

Furthermore...
when the auto action is published, when you try to delete the expired subscription manually (backend), after you click on save (or save and close) on profile, a 500 error is returned.
When the auto action is unpublished, the backend user page is loaded correctly, the subscription is deleted, and everything is normal.

If there is not something wrong on my system... something does not working on the auto action.

Thank you.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328905 by krileon
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration and trigger the 500 error again and provide any errors it displays on screen. Something sounds like it's failing for sure. When this was last tested it was tested working fine, but it's possible a change in CBSubs may have broke that feature in CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
2 years 7 months ago #328910 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Expired subscriptions question
Thank you Krileon
I did as you proposed but it seems that it did not work

Before Debug and error report "Maximum" enabled.

Debug and error report "Maximum" enabled.
Just a blank screen. No errors, no nothing!

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328919 by krileon
Check within your server error log to see if there's any errors logged around the time of your test. Will prepare a test environment to see if I can reproduce your issue as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon