Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Converting user info from EasyProfile to Community Builder

• seahawk59
  • seahawk59
2 years 7 months ago #328917 by seahawk59
On one of my websites, I have been using EasyProfile for a long time. It is the only website not yet converted to Joomla 4.

EasyProfile is not coming back with any potential date that they might have a resolution for Joomla 4. The whole community is upset due to this lack of communication.

Is there a way that I can replace EasyProfile with Community Builder without too much of an issue converting the user data? Have about 600 users on the training site. EasyProfile does not sync with Joomla or custom fields and they do not know when they will be J4 compatible.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328924 by krileon
I don't know the database structure of EasyProfile, but in theory yes it should be relatively easy to move the data over using SQL entirely. First re-create whatever fields you're using in EasyProfile within CB > Field Management. Next you'll need to review the database structure of EasyProfile compared to CBs _comprofiler table.

You should just need to do a INSERT SELECT query to move the data over. Only things that could be a problem are likely image fields as where the image is stored compared to where CB stores images will be different so you'll probably need to move some files around as well.

That should at least cover field data, but there's other concerns like privacy controls that you'd need to figure out how to migrate to CB Privacy as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seahawk59

• seahawk59
  • seahawk59
2 years 7 months ago #328929 by seahawk59
Thanks, Kyle. I thought it would be something like that. That will be a major project. Thanks for your feedback.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 6 months ago #328933 by krileon
If you can provide an example of the profile data database structure (e.g. its column structure or describe the structure of field storage) I can try to provide you an example to help you get started.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• seahawk59
  • seahawk59
2 years 6 months ago #328939 by seahawk59
Hi

What format do you want?

There are many user stranded with this one.

File Attachment:

File Name: userimport.zip
File Size:21 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: jsn_basic2020-01.zip
File Size:710 KB

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #328944 by krileon
I only need a database description of how user data is stored in the database. So just a structure export (don't need to export the actual data, just structure) of the database table where user data is stored will be sufficient. I should be able to provide an example with that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon