Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Converting user info from EasyProfile to Community Builder

• seahawk59
  • seahawk59
2 years 6 months ago #328972 by seahawk59
Hello KyleSorry for the delay, just a bit crazy.Find attached the structure. Trust this is what you are looking for.

File Attachment:

File Name: jsn_fields.zip
File Size:5 KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 6 months ago #328980 by krileon
Ok, checking their install SQL file and looks like the users table structure is as follows.

_jsn_users
Code:
`id` `privacy` `firstname` `secondname` `lastname` `avatar` `params` `facebook_id` `twitter_id` `google_id` `linkedin_id` `instagram_id`

Fields configuration is stored in _jsn_fields and field valuess themselves I think might be stored in Joomla's _user_profiles table as it looks like they're just extending the core users class. Check the _user_profiles table and see if their profile data for those EasyProfile fields are there. Otherwise I don't have any idea where they're stored. You'll be able to migrate their _jsn_users data easy enough at least.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• seahawk59
  • seahawk59
2 years 6 months ago #328986 by seahawk59
They store it in jsn_users. All the additional fields that I created is stored there.

That is what they are battling with since Joomla's extra fields can do most of this now, although not all. Like groups etc seems not to be possible in Extra fields.

It is just the normal Joomla 3 stuff in the Joomla User table.

The other apps use the same table jsn_users to sync user that is created through say Events Booking, Hika Shop or Membership Pro. Even linking the Joomla Easy profile users through Joomdle for Moodle is possible by a plugin but so is the Joomdle Plugin for CB.

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 6 months ago #328990 by krileon
So those fields are stored in the `params` column of _jsn_users or as new columns added to the table? CB doesn't use Joomla user field storage either since we've existed before Joomla was even called Joomla we have our own storage, which in CB 3.x should be moving to Joomla user fields.

Depending on how the fields are stored in _jsn_users it could be really complicated, because if they're stored in `params` it's going to be difficult to extract them out exclusively with SQL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon