Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Private Messages plugin configuration setting

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #328998 by liaskas
Hello

I have searched the PMS plugin configuration to see if there is a setting somewhere that allows the "time sent" and "time received" next to the sent and received messages list.

I did not find any related setting.

Is this setting somewhere else?

Please advise...

Thank you.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 6 months ago #329006 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Private Messages plugin configuration setting
There's no option for that. You'd need to create and override template folder, copy messages.php to it, then adjust the cbFormatDate usage to output time. Time will become visible in a later release when PMS is turned into more of a chat like interface.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
2 years 6 months ago #329012 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Private Messages plugin configuration setting
Thank you for your reply Krileon

I overrided the template folder. Can you please tell me ho i can adjust the cbFormatDate usage to output time as i do not speak php?

Thank you!

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 6 months ago #329022 by krileon
The following steps should work.

1. Navigate to /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_pms_mypmspro/templates
2. Create a folder named "custom"
3. Copy "messages.php" from "default" folder to "custom"
4. Edit "messages.php" in "custom" making the following change

Code:
<div class="col-sm-auto d-block d-sm-none pmMessagesRowDate"> <?php echo cbFormatDate( $row->get( 'date', null, GetterInterface::STRING ), true, false ); ?> </div>
TO:
Code:
<div class="col-sm-auto d-block d-sm-none pmMessagesRowDate"> <?php echo cbFormatDate( $row->get( 'date', null, GetterInterface::STRING ) ); ?> </div>

5. Within CB > Private Messages > Parameters > General set "Template" to "custom"

That should now have it to display time when viewing the messages list. You'll need to do similar for cbFormatDate if you also want it to show time when viewing the message directly in "message.php".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #329030 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Private Messages plugin configuration setting
Thank you for your reply Krileon...

Unfortunately it did not work! I made the suggested customization but no date shows in the received PMs list.

Is it all that needs to be done or we are missing something?

This is how the list shows...

Thank you.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by liaskas. Reason: Added the screenshot

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 6 months ago #329039 by krileon
My guess is you didn't make the change successfully. Be care to ensure the PHP is still valid. You only need to remove ", true, false" from the cbFormatDate function call. That part is exclusively responsible for turning time display off.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon