Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Search problems

2 years 6 months ago #329094 by spottedkbc
Search problems was created by spottedkbc
I have members in 2 seperate groups, a primary and a secondary group. I want a search very simple, so website user selects from a drop down which list they want to search in (each optio is a specific group) etc.

I have a simple single list currently, with all groups selected, but on the home page when I go to the search link I get the message "The List does not exist" but I have specified in the menu link the list ID

Any help greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #329098 by spottedkbc
Replied by spottedkbc on topic Search problems
ok so I appear to have figured out the search aspect but now I get 0 members in the list.
If I look at users I have the users showing up in the system so I know the Sync has worked, but I cant get the search to find anything?

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 6 months ago #329105 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Search problems
Does the list show anything when not searching? What search mode are you using? Simple "is" is an exact match while Simple "any" allows partial matching so you may need to change it to simple any. If you applied filters review your filters and ensure they're configured as desired as you maybe filtering users out. If using CB Privacy and their profiles are set to private they'll also be filtered out.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 6 months ago #329116 by spottedkbc
I think I am beginning to figure this all out (sorry)

2 questions.

1. one of my search criteria is by location, I want the search to be able to say, find all users within a 25 mile radius of a specified city, is this possible?
2. All search retults have to be random display, not uniformed in any way, how can I do this

2 years 6 months ago #329117 by spottedkbc
I think I have found the issue.
Currently we use easy profile which is ugly, but each member of the site is one of 3 possible groups, member, Associate or other, but even after the sync in CB the membership

The field name is member_type while in CB its cb_membershiptype.

How can I some how map these together

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 6 months ago #329118 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Search problems

1. one of my search criteria is by location, I want the search to be able to say, find all users within a 25 mile radius of a specified city, is this possible?

No, we don't have any radius searching functionality.

2. All search retults have to be random display, not uniformed in any way, how can I do this

You mean what order they display in? Yes, that's doable. Under Sorting tab set it to Basic then for the field select Random.

How can I some how map these together

Map them how? You want to push that field from Easy Profile to CB or from CB to Easy Profile? Sorry, unsure what you're trying to do here.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon