Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Auto Actions - Action: Execution on other trigger from a specified extension.

• NFA
  • NFA
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #329194 by NFA
Hi,

I have another Joomla extension installed (jCOMPONENTNAME). In the source code of it, I see the following lines:
Code:
JPluginHelper::importPlugin( 'jCOMPONENTNAME' ); $dispatcher = JDispatcher::getInstance(); $dispatcher->trigger( 'onAfterPaymentSuccess', array($row));

I read CB Auto Action tooltip help text:
Code:
.. For Joomla and Joomla extension events prefix the event with joomla_....
But maybe there are more plugins, now or in the future, using the very original "onAfterPaymentSuccess" name for their Joomla extension. How can I make (absolutely sure) that this CB Auto Action - Action will be only triggered if that specific component jCOMPONENTNAME fires an 'onAfterPaymentSuccess' trigger?

Thanks in advance, Noa
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by NFA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 6 months ago #329198 by krileon
CB Auto Actions can work with any Joomla event you like. Simply prefix the trigger with "joomla_" to tell CB Auto Actions it's a Joomla event. Be sure the CB Auto Actions system plugin in Extensions > Plugins is also published as it's responsible for binding Joomla events. So for example with the event you provided you'd use the below in CB Auto Actions.

joomla_onAfterPaymentSuccess

As for limiting it to a specific plugin there's no way to do that. The event fired from Joomla would need to contain that information for CB Auto Actions to condition against. It's probably unlikely it will conflict though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NFA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon