Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Merchandise Plans

• micheleq
  • micheleq
2 years 6 months ago #329196 by micheleq
Merchandise Plans was created by micheleq
Hello,
I'm having an issue while implementing a merchandise plan.

To objective is to sell specific content to registered users. They would be purchasing access to a page -article- with content and download links.
All these articles will be under their own category with "registered" access.

- I have set up a new merchandise plan for each of these new articles.
- Through the plan's integrations, I have restricted access to the article using the Content tab with "READ: By Content"
- and with the Folder Access tab I've restricted access to a new folder which contains files to be downloaded from the article.

The user will see a menu item that is the category list. All the articles to be purchased are hence listed there. When a user clicks on one of the articles they haven't purchased yet, it prompts them to buy it. The process works great on buying right there.

However, after the purchase they still don't have access to the class.

- I have checked the merchandise menu (Paid Subscriptions > Merchandise) and the purchases do show there and are active.
- The folder to be restricted did get the .htaccess and .htpasswd files created, but the htpasswd file is blank. (no permissions issue)
- I logged out and back in with the user and still the htpasswd was not updated.
- When trying to download files from that directory, the access login pops up, but since there's no user credentials in .htpasswd there's no access.

I don't know where the access restriction would be for the single article restriction.

I'm assuming that the trigger for writing the credentials is not working for some reason. I was under the impression that by the user logging in and out it should trigger the password update.

I am testing this on a fully updated site backup. Only difference is that the mail function is off. I did test with the mail function on, but it didn't work either.

Are there any other dependencies I need? cbpaidsubsbot is published. Any extra Auto Actions?
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Tomás

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 6 months ago #329200 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Merchandise Plans
Merchandise plans do not have subscriptions. This means they can't track a subscription status for that purchase. They are unable to protect content like that and can only really utilize one-off features like changing a fields value, adding a usergroup, sending an email, etc..

You'll need to use subscriptions for what you're trying to do. You can allow a user to subscribe to the same plan more than once as well by setting "Multiple subscriptions per user" to "Multiple subscriptions per user allowed" under the Workflows tab of your plan. The alternative is to use usergroups to grant them permissions (probably the easiest approach).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

• micheleq
  • micheleq
2 years 6 months ago #329202 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Merchandise Plans
I understand, and it's working well with the subscription instead of the Merchandise plan. As the integrations were available for the Merchandise plans, it seemed a viable option.
Initially, I was not using subscriptions because of the subscription allowing login. Now, with the new upgrades, I can give this subscription a lifetime option without it affecting the main subscriptions.
Using the read by content article block is a great help, as the option of usergroups for each article would mean creating too many access levels and groups, as it could easily grow into hundreds.
I don't see the use of the "multiple" subscriptions, at least not in this scenario as the content has to be different.
Thank you,
Tomás
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 6 months ago #329208 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Merchandise Plans

I don't see the use of the "multiple" subscriptions, at least not in this scenario as the content has to be different.

It just allows subscription plans to act like merchandise plans where you can buy the plan more than once. You don't need to enable that if you don't need that functionality though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

• micheleq
  • micheleq
2 years 6 months ago #329215 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Merchandise Plans
Thank you.
I've already implemented in the live site and it is working perfectly so far.
Thanks
Tomás.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon