Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Question regarding CB AntiSpam

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
2 years 6 months ago #329204 by liaskas
Question regarding CB AntiSpam was created by liaskas
Hello...

We have a huge problem on our site (not related to joomlapolis) with users that share their login details with others and we lose subscriptions.

We installed the CB AntiSpam plugin in order to use the Parameters -> Login -> Duplicates function that seems to be exactly what we need!

We set only "Block Method" to "Logout current session" (nothing else), and tested...

Test with registered user (no admin, moderator or anything else). Just registered

Logged in with firefox browser and then from the same machine we loged in the same user with chrome. It did not work... same user remained logged in from 2 different browsers.

Then we logged in the same user from a different device (mobile, different ip) again without the expected result.

The same user is logged in from 2 locations (IPs)... and the "Logout current session" does nothing.

Probably we are missing something in configuration. Can you please advise?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 6 months ago #329210 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Question regarding CB AntiSpam
The Duplicate protection is strictly a database sessions check and when using "Logout Current Session" it just deletes any other database sessions attached to that account. You won't see the logout until the deleted account navigates to a new page and their session is checked. So during your test be sure to either refresh the page or navigate somewhere.

Note there's also account share protection built in as well. This can be enabled under Parameters > Login > Sharing. This actually checks unique ip addresses. This COULD cause problems if someone's ip address changes often so be careful with the share limit and timeframe check.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon