Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Menu Item Not Accessible

• nphic
  • nphic
2 years 5 months ago #329233 by nphic
Menu Item Not Accessible was created by nphic
Folks,

I have a question I'd like to get some guidance on. I was attempting to configure Community Builder/CBSubs to allow access to only one menu item. I was not able to get it to work properly, so I took another direction. It appears I have not cleared out all the setting that I changed. For this one menu item, I am getting the error message "Access to this menu item not allowed without dues". I created a new user with the Access of "Registered". They can access all menu items except this one. The menu item is set to "Registered". Any thoughts where I can look to resolve this error message?

Thanks,
Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 5 months ago #329235 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Menu Item Not Accessible
Edit your plan(s) within CBSubs > Plans and check if you're protecting that menu item under Integrations > Content. It's also possible you protected it using By URL protection under Integrations > Extensions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nphic
  • nphic
2 years 5 months ago #329237 by nphic
Replied by nphic on topic Menu Item Not Accessible
Krileon,

Thanks! I was a restriction on the menu item in the plan. What was odd about it was it restricted the access to the menu item even it you were not in that plan. I have a plan called CDC Sponsored. That is where the restriction was in Integration / Content / Menu. It affected all my other plans. I assumed that this restriction would have just restricted access to that specific "CDC Sponsored" plan.

It it correct that the CDC Sponsored Plan would have been required to access this menu item?

Thanks for your help!
Joe

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 5 months ago #329239 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Menu Item Not Accessible
The way that protection works is it blocks access to a menu item if you're not actively subscribed to that plan or any other plan that's also protecting that menu item. It will work this way for all of the live-protection features like By URL Part, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon