Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Unable to change user's group

• jabba84
  • jabba84
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #329302 by jabba84
Hello again, i have this issue.

I've created a user group called "Segreteria" (like a moderator group) which can login in backend and only modify stuff in community builder:

So far so good, users in "segretria" group can do anything in community builder.
The problem is that they can't change other user's group: i've created a joomla group called "Titolari" and it's not visible in user's group slection:

I have only the public, registered and "segreteria" group (which is the one of the moderator user).
The odd thig is that if I go in standard joomla user management i can change the user to the "Titolari" group without problem:

So the question is: is there a way to show all groups in CB's users management or i have to go back and forth to standard joomla user group management to change the group of other users?

Last note: if i login with joomla's super user everything is fine and can change other users' group as i like

Thanks

WebMaster & JoomlaLover @ www.pixed.it
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 5 months ago #329305 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unable to change user's group
They can't change usergroups that are outside their usergroup scope nor can they change usergroups that are above theirs. CBs management in this regard is a bit more strict than Joomla's. Since that usergroup is a child of Registered and their usergroup is not then it's outside their scope.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jabba84
  • jabba84
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #329307 by jabba84
Replied by jabba84 on topic Unable to change user's group
So i can solve moving "titolare" outside "registered" group? Or move "segreteria" under registered, beside the other 3 groups?

EDIT: i did try all kind of combinations without success.. even when "dipendente" is under "segreteria" i cannot move users from "registered" to "dipendente"...

Even moving "segreteria" under registered and "dipendente" under "segreteria is not working:

So actually there is no way that a moderador can change a normal user's group... is this right?

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by jabba84.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 5 months ago #329331 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unable to change user's group
It tends to require structures like the following.

- Registered
- - Custom 1
- - - - Custom 2
- - - - - - Custom 3

Custom 3 has higher permissions than Custom 2, 1, and Registered.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jabba84

• jabba84
  • jabba84
2 years 5 months ago #329344 by jabba84
Replied by jabba84 on topic Unable to change user's group
It works, thanks!

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon