Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to change Joomla template style for public / registered users on Profile?

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #329301 by ds-sric-support
RE: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/216031-how-to-change-joomla-template-style-for-public-registered-users-on-profile

Hi,

I'm trying to do something similar with the CB-Login menu item. What I want is for a guest users home page to display template_guest with a login form, and a registered/signed in users page to display template_member

I've tried setting the default CB Login menu item to registered and assigning the template to template_member, then I create a new menu item as a Menu Item Alias of CB Login with Public Access and assigned to template_guest

I've also tried creating two new menu items as aliases of CB Login, first as a registered menu item and second as Public but neither of these aproaches work.

Could you please advise the correct way to display different template depending on access status.

Many thanks
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 5 months ago #329304 by krileon
Please don't reply to 9 year old topics. Template assignment is out of CBs control and is entirely based off your Joomla menu items. See the below Joomla documentation regarding template assignment.

docs.joomla.org/Special:MyLanguage/J3.x:Getting_Started_with_Templates#Assigning_more_than_one_template_style_for_the_frontend

You can't have different templates on aliases as aliases just link directly to the menu item they're aliasing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon