Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Update of CB version failing

• kolvi
  • kolvi
2 years 4 months ago #329574 by kolvi
Update of CB version failing was created by kolvi
Hello,

I have just bought a 6-M prof membership and downloaded the packages/pugins to update my older version from 2.5.0 to 2.7.2 (incl. update of some associated plugins...)
I went through the CB plugin administration menue and tried "upgrade all" and later I tried to manually install the downloaded files from joomlapolis. Nevertheless (I got "green" indications during upgrade) - when switching again to th CB plugin management, it is showing still the older versions...

what am I doing wrong?

best regards

Norbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 4 months ago #329575 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update of CB version failing
Under the Updates tab of CBs install from web try updating just CB first. Once done verify it's up to date. If it is try updating your plugins. If it's not please PM backend super user login credentials (see link in my forum signature) and will take a look as it's possibly a bug in our package installer not reporting the error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 4 months ago #329591 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update of CB version failing
Was able to find a bug in our package installer not reporting errors properly, but the reason it's failing on your site is due your site not meeting the minimum system requirements for CB. You are currently on MySQL 5.5. CB has a minimum of 5.6 now in order to be compatible with Joomla 4. You'll need to contact your host and have them upgrade you to 5.6 and run database migration on your database.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/276-community-builder/getting-started/18576-technical-requirements-for-community-builder

Once you've updated MySQL you'll be able to update your install. Am also working on fixing our package installer so it'll report these errors properly as it seams like Joomla installer API is responding with an array of messages now when an error occurs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon