Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Auto Actions - GJ - Leave Groups: Not working if user=(group)owner?

• NFA
  • NFA
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #329932 by NFA
Hi,

It looks like the CB Auto Actions(AA) - GroupJive(GJ) - Leave Groups (All) is doing nothing when user is owner of the group(s). Maybe to avoid harming the group membership of other members.

I think better would be:
  1. Unpublish the group when owner leaves
  2. Keep the group without an owner (if possible)

Of course, everything can be done with custom SQL(/PHP) code, but is there a cleaner and easier to maintain CB AA way to get this done?

For example:
  1. The existing AA - GJ - Leave Groups rule will do one of the two options above when user is owner, instead of doing nothing
  2. A feature request for: CB AA - GJ - Unpublish Groups (owned (All))
  3. A way to AA change the user's group status (owner -> active)? Then the group will have no longer an owner until another member is promoted to owner. In this case, a second AA - GJ - LG row/rule will successfully kick the user out of the group(s).

But maybe there is a better solution to get the existing "CB AA - GJ - Leave Groups" function working if (group)status effected user is owner.

With thanks in advance,
Noa
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by NFA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 3 months ago #329941 by krileon
A group owner can't leave their own group. They either need to transfer it by promoting another user to owner or delete it. That auto action is working as intended.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• NFA
  • NFA
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #329944 by NFA
I understand, so there is nothing wrong with that. However, I do all group maintenance with CB Auto Actions. How can a CB Auto Action kick them out of their current (owned) group(s), before putting them in a new group? Only the dirty way, by using SQL?
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by NFA.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 3 months ago #329948 by krileon
There isn't an option for that in CB Auto Actions. You'll have to code that yourself either using PHP in a Code action or SQL in a Query action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NFA

Moderators: beatnantkrileon