Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Workflow with CB Sub

• crony
  • crony
2 years 2 months ago #330230 by crony
Workflow with CB Sub was created by crony
Hello,
As there's lot of options, I have tested a first workflow, but as it is not organised as I want, I would like to know if that is doable...

1.For my new members, I'd like them on the registration form to  enter their first name, name, town,country, mail, their password, the email, and then force first the email checking with the adress confirmation. While clicking on the link to confirm their mail, they will be automatically login (or at least redirected to the login module / or specific page.

2. Then, they will be allowed to choose a subscription plan, and for the payment, the first name + name, town+country will be populated at the gateway payement.

At the moment what I've done, is first selecting the plan, then, started to fill some fields, but even if the mail was not verified, the payement page can be accessed.
For my usage, a message should be displayed, (with a resend confirmation link for instance) and the payement gateway should never be shown without a proper identified user.

Also, the order of the fields could differ on registration and on presentation panels, on the profiles.
So is it possible to have a proper presentation template separated from the edition ?
I recall an extension was doing that long ago, but I don't know if it still exists, but as long as I remember, you could integrate the fields names on a page, then you would edit the normal CB template while editing your profile.

Hope this is clear enough.
Thanks for your help !

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 2 months ago #330246 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Workflow with CB Sub

At the moment what I've done, is first selecting the plan, then, started to fill some fields, but even if the mail was not verified, the payement page can be accessed. 

Edit your plans then under the Workflows tab set confirmation to be before payment. Default behavior is after payment.

Also, the order of the fields could differ on registration and on presentation panels, on the profiles.
So is it possible to have a proper presentation template separated from the edition ?

Only tabs have specific view based ordering. For fields you can't separate the order based off view. The only way to do that on a presentation level is to separate the two views entirely. To do this you'd place your fields on their tabs and in the order you want for registration and profile edit, but place those tabs in "not shown on profile" tab positions. Now make new tabs to hold the display of those fields in the positions that you want. Next add Custom HTML fields to those tabs and use substitutions to render in your fields, but be sure the Custom HTML fields are set to not display on profile edit or registration so they're used for profile view only.

I recall an extension was doing that long ago, but I don't know if it still exists, but as long as I remember, you could integrate the fields names on a page, then you would edit the normal CB template while editing your profile.

You might be thinking about CB Profile Pro, which was a 3rd party extension that I don't think is being developed anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon