Skip to Content Skip to Menu

No e-mail after password of username forgotten

• Florisjan
  • Florisjan
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #330465 by Florisjan
Hi,

After using the request for a forgotten username of password no e-mail is received by the user.

I tested it with two sites and the configuration is equal, but the difference is the php-version.
The site on php8 wont send an e-mail
The site on php7.4 have send the e-mail.

Is there a setting that might be wrong??

Met vriendelijke groet, Kind regards,

Floris Langendam
Joomla 3.10.11 / CB 2.7.3
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Florisjan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 1 month ago #330468 by krileon
PHP 8.0 specifically or 8.1? 8.2? Appears to be working fine in my tests on PHP 8.0. It's possible you've a php.ini configuration issue or you need to adjust your Joomla mailer settings. Do all emails fail to send or just the forgot login email? For example try sending an email to a specific test user using the mass mailer feature in CB > User Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Florisjan
  • Florisjan
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #330470 by Florisjan
Replied by Florisjan on topic No e-mail after password of username forgotten
For this site I use php 8.0.20
The Joomla mailer settings are good as I could sent a mass mail to one of the users.
The problem is the forgot login mail.

Floris Langendam
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Florisjan.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 1 month ago #330471 by krileon
Strange, that doesn't make any sense for only forgot login to not send. Is CB throwing an error of any kind when using forgot login or is it reporting success and sending to the login page?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Florisjan
  • Florisjan
2 years 1 month ago #330472 by Florisjan
Replied by Florisjan on topic No e-mail after password of username forgotten
No errors. 
Confirmation see attachment

Floris Langendam
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 1 month ago #330473 by krileon
I recommend contacting your host as it sounds like it's being stopped at the mail server. Please also check spam folder as it's possible it's being sent to spam.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon