Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Gallery

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #330522 by karloshull
[SOLVED] Gallery was created by karloshull
Hi 

On the  CB Gallery, I just want users to share videos off youtube and not to upload videos.  So I have disable all the upload settings but upload box is still coming up!

Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 1 month ago #330523 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery
Be sure you're testing with a regular registered user. Moderators will still have permission to upload even if disabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #330528 by karloshull
Replied by karloshull on topic Gallery
You are right thank you

Another problem, I have setup a video page with the galllery module with my super user account . So I setup the albums for the videos but when I switch to anotther super user account, the albums are not there. But they are there when I switch back to the original super user account.

I would like to share the albums with  every user, is this possible?

Cheers
Karl

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #330529 by krileon
You want a gallery with shared media across all accounts? To do that you need to display a generic gallery that everyone shares, which is done via the Asset parameter. So for example set the asset to something like "module.[module_id]" and the gallery will be unique to that module or something like "global" and will render anything uploaded with that asset. If you still want to render that users profile media in the module you need to set the asset to their profile (e.g. "profile.USER_ID_HERE").

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by krileon.

2 years 1 month ago #330539 by karloshull
Replied by karloshull on topic Gallery
Hi 

I dont understand what I need to type in the asset box. Please will you tell me exactly what to type so all the users can view the albums?

Cheers
Karl 

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 1 month ago #330540 by krileon
View the albums from where exactly? From a specific users profile gallery? For that you need to use the asset explained in my reply above: profile.USER_ID_HERE

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon