Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Home Page Defaulting to cb-login module

• wowza2
  • wowza2
2 years 1 month ago #330771 by wowza2
When a user goes to our homepage they are presented with the CB Login module without having to click on the "Member Login" link.

Running version 2.7.3 of CB.  
Joomla 3.10.11
PHP 7.4.12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 1 month ago #330776 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Home Page Defaulting to cb-login module
Ensure your Home menu item is set to Public access. I'm guessing you're saying that they're getting a "you need to be logged in" type message and are sent to the login page?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• wowza2
  • wowza2
2 years 1 month ago #330779 by wowza2
Replied by wowza2 on topic Home Page Defaulting to cb-login module
The home page has always been set to public. The login module is displaying even though a login is not required and if you ignore it you can proceed to the rest of the public site.

The above behaviour only happens if you type in bpyc.on.ca on it's own which takes you to bpyc.on.ca/index.php/cb-login

I have bookmarked pages that resolve correctly.

g

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 1 month ago #330780 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Home Page Defaulting to cb-login module
Check what menu item you have marked as Home. You're triggering Joomla's access check that's why it's sending you to login (this would be Joomla's login page if CB wasn't installed). Whatever menu is marked Home isn't configured properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon