Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Question about group field custom display rows

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #332011 by liaskas
Hello
I have tab containing a single group field which contains...
  • Code Radio Buttons field (1 or 2 options depending on other field out of the group field)
  • 2 Query Drop Down (Single Select) fields
  • 1 Text fields
  • 1 Text area field
The problem shows with one of the 2 Query Drop Down fields. The Code Radio Buttons field and text fields work fine. So let' make it screenshots...

First screenshot. We select from the Code Radio Buttons field in order to proceed with the corresponding fields.

Second screenshot. First selection in the Code Radio Buttons field. Everything is working fine and the values are stored in the database correctly.

The row in the database is absolutely correct:
Code:
[{"cb_onboard_or_not_company_offer_code_field":"On Board","cb_company_activities_company_offer_ob":"Deck Crew","cb_number_of_positions":"3","cb_offered_job_more":"Lorem ipsum..."}]

Third screenshot. Second selection in the Code Radio Buttons field.

All the values are saved in database but not the "Financial / Accounting". The row in the database is...
Code:
[{"cb_onboard_or_not_company_offer_code_field":"Office","cb_company_activities_company_offer_office":null,"cb_number_of_positions":"2","cb_offered_job_more":"Lorem ipsum door sit amet..."}] The "cb_company_activities_company_offer_office": is always null in the row.

I am trying to understand what is wrong for 3 days. The dropdown values show correctly and you can select. Why isn't it stored in the row?

Please advise...

Thank you.
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by liaskas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 10 months ago #332026 by krileon
It's probably the condition during save that's failing. What is the condition on your dropdown field? Try removing it and see if it saves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
1 year 10 months ago #332030 by liaskas
Thank you for your reply.

Same result.

Removed the cb_conditional (Normal CB Settings)
Made new post...

Result...
Code:
[{"cb_onboard_or_not_company_offer_code_field":"Office","cb_company_activities_company_offer_office":null,"cb_number_of_positions":"2","cb_offered_job_more":"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..."}]

The same...

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 10 months ago #332032 by krileon
Is that a regular select field or a query select? If query select please provide what query you're using.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
1 year 10 months ago #332033 by liaskas
This is a query drop down single select.

Query:
Code:
SELECT DISTINCT `bf` FROM `business_fields_individual` WHERE `prof_type` = '[cb_type_of_company]' ORDER BY id

(the options are correctly listed)

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 10 months ago #332035 by krileon
Is cb_type_of_company also a field inside the field group and if so what type is it? I'm not concerned about the display part. What's failing is the save part and probably due to the options during save being an empty list, which would explain the NULL value.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon