Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Password reset does not work

• aalisg
  • aalisg
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #332813 by aalisg
Password reset does not work was created by aalisg
Hello,

On our development website using Joomla! 4.2.7 and Community Builder 2.8 password reset does not work.

Please check this URL:
This message contains confidential information
As you can see the reset password element is not diplayed.

Any idea about where it can come from? Do you need super-administrator credentials to digg in this problem?

Regards,

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by aalisg. Reason: Typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 8 months ago #332824 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Password reset does not work
Looks like a Joomla template menu assignment issue. Your forgot login page doesn't have a menu item assigned to it so Joomla is falling back to default template for its display. Typically your default template should be the template that allows component rendering while you assign the Home page to a separate template for example.

So your options are to fix your template assignment configuration (ideally the best option) or create a Joomla menu item to CBs forgot login page, which CB does create when it's first installed so was either deleted or unpublished.

N.B. Please note that we have a valid licence only for our production website which is...

We don't do licenses here. You can use CB and all our products on as many sites as you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• aalisg
  • aalisg
1 year 8 months ago #332853 by aalisg
Replied by aalisg on topic Password reset does not work
Hello and thank you for your reply,

You were right: it was a template assignment issue and we solved it using the second method you recommended us for the moment because it was faster, we will surely recorrect it using the first method later.

Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon