Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is there a way to test the CBSubs mailer?

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
1 year 7 months ago #333003 by petekuhn
I have a mailer setup to run at a certain interval ahead of subscription expiration. Is there any way to generate a test message to myself to check the formatting of the message?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 7 months ago #333012 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Is there a way to test the CBSubs mailer?
There isn't a way to send a test email without meeting the criteria of the mailer as it depends on information like your subscription and in a test that information won't exist.

What you could do is create a copy of the mailer. Simplify the requirements and restrict it to only your user then run the mailer. This would let you test how the message body will display. It goes through the same mailer API as CBs mass mailer in CB > User Management though so if you're just needing to test HTML I recommend doing so using the mass mailer to email yourself.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: petekuhn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon