Skip to Content Skip to Menu

News Feed and iFrames

• robintr3
  • robintr3
1 year 6 months ago #333554 by robintr3
News Feed and iFrames was created by robintr3
Hello, 

I'm attempting to add curate my own magazine/news feed and have it display directly in my website. I'm using FlipBoard to create the "magazine". I added a menu item so when a user clicks on it, they go directly to the news page. FlipBoard provides code to copy and paste into my site (as shown below). 

<iframe
      src=" flipboard.com/@martin30ka/nmf-test-oji1u5c7y/widget?layout=Thumbnail "
      frameBorder="0"
      width="250"
      height="300"
    ></iframe>

In my Joomla site, I created a News Feed Category, and created an iFrame container, clicked the "Toggle Editor" button and applied the copied code. I did enable allowing me to implement iFrames. 

From my website, when I select the News menu item, an error is shown where the iFrame container is set on the page:THIS PAGE DOES NOT EXISTReturn to  Flipboard.com

Is there another mechanism in Joomla to display my news feed without having to click the link?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 6 months ago #333555 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic News Feed and iFrames
I'm not sure what this has to do with CB or our products? We do not provide general Joomla support here, sorry.

Your error is also coming from the iframe, from flipboard, so maybe review your iframe code in the page source to be sure it didn't get mangled by the WYSIWYG editor in Joomla. As for nor requiring a link you can use Joomla's wrapper module which is a module for displaying iframes. Sorry, I can't really help you any further.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robintr3

• robintr3
  • robintr3
1 year 6 months ago #333556 by robintr3
Replied by robintr3 on topic News Feed and iFrames
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate the help and guidance

Moderators: beatnantkrileon