Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Glitch in Profile Walls?

1 year 5 months ago #333621 by dirtydavid
Glitch in Profile Walls? was created by dirtydavid
I have profile walls active for my users.
I have replies enabled in the plugin.

The wall owner can reply to posts by other users on their wall.
Other users cannot reply to or comment on posts by the wall owner.

If an administrator visits a wall they can reply to posts on the wall, but the post is labeled as being made by the wall owner.

Is this how the wall is supposed to work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 5 months ago #333627 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Glitch in Profile Walls?
It should allow anyone that is a member of the group to reply and/or post on the wall. Seams to be working as intended in my tests. This is also working fine on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #333630 by dirtydavid
Replied by dirtydavid on topic Glitch in Profile Walls?
I cannot test that, the link takes me to a sign in box. as per attachment. 

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #333632 by dirtydavid
All the members on my live site are in the same group: "registered"

I have now managed to login to the demo site. I had to hit cancel to the sign in box to be taken to the demo site.
I can see replies to comments is working on the demo site, but I am now at a loss of where the switch is to allow users to comment to a wall post.

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by dirtydavid. Reason: missed some text

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 5 months ago #333637 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Glitch in Profile Walls?

I cannot test that, the link takes me to a sign in box. as per attachment. 

That'll show up if you try using the demo site while it's resetting. It should be fine to try in a few minutes after seeing that.

All the members on my live site are in the same group: "registered"

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were talking about the CB GroupJive Wall. Are you referring to CB Activity and the Activity tab or CB ProfileBook and the ProfileWall tab?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirtydavid

1 year 5 months ago #333640 by dirtydavid
The CB ProfileBook and the ProfileWall 

Moderators: beatnantkrileon