Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Cannot reach any menu from CB in the Backend

1 year 3 months ago #334301 by alumni-ges
Hello,

i have a big problem in the backend. I cannot reach any cb menu. I wantetd to update CB, but i can't start any CB menu. The error is: Fatal error: Declaration of getuddeimTab::sendUserPMS($toid, $fromid, $subject, $message, $systemGenerated = false, $escaped = false) must be compatible with cbPMSHandler::sendUserPMS($toUserId, $fromUserId, $subject, $message, $systemGenerated = false, $fromName = null, $fromEmail = null) in /var/www/vhosts/alumni-ges.de/2016.alumni-ges.de/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_privatemessagingsystem(uddeimpms)/pms.uddeim.php on line 252

What can i do?

Thank you

Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #334304 by alumni-ges
Replied by alumni-ges on topic Cannot reach any menu from CB in the Backend
I have found the raison. If i set the PHP version down from 8.0 to 7,4, it works. Our provider will close in the next time the PHP verion 7.4. What can i do, to avoid this problem? I see it is a problem with the UDDEIM system. I works in the front end with PHP 8.0 but not in the backend. And it blocks any menu of CB. Is there any solution for this or must i shut off the uddeim system? Than all private messages which are crypted will be erased. That is not so good.

Thanks for any ideas.

Thomas

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334306 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot reach any menu from CB in the Backend
The UddeIM PMS plugin isn't updated for latest CB plugin structure. Use your hosting panel and delete the following folder. You don't need that plugin anymore. CB includes PMS.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_privatemessagingsystem(uddeimpms)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334307 by krileon

I have found the raison. If i set the PHP version down from 8.0 to 7,4, it works. Our provider will close in the next time the PHP verion 7.4. What can i do, to avoid this problem? I see it is a problem with the UDDEIM system. I works in the front end with PHP 8.0 but not in the backend. And it blocks any menu of CB. Is there any solution for this or must i shut off the uddeim system? Than all private messages which are crypted will be erased. That is not so good.

It's a UddeIM problem, which has been open sourced. You can contribute fixing it yourself or move to using CBs internal PMS which does not use encrypted stored messages so yes you'd lose those messages unless you reverse the encryption.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #334309 by alumni-ges
Replied by alumni-ges on topic Cannot reach any menu from CB in the Backend
How can i reverse the encryption? Do you have any hint for me?

Thank you Thomas

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #334310 by krileon
You'd need to dig into UddeIM for that as I don't know the encryption method implemented in it. Our built in migration from UddeIM does not reverse encryption. You can find the UddeIM open source release below.

github.com/slabbi/uddeIM

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon