Skip to Content Skip to Menu

uddeIM on Joomla 4

• kdave321
  • kdave321
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #334326 by kdave321
uddeIM on Joomla 4 was created by kdave321
I have a heavily customized uddeIM that I would like to keep using in Joomla 4. The developer has provided the source code for a Joomla 4 version, and I incorporated those into mine. It is working fine for messaging within uddeIM, however I tried just now to send a message from CB ( the instant message tab ), and I get this error:

WarningYour session has expired. Please log in again.×  Attention The most recent request was denied because it had an invalid security token. Please go back or refresh the page and try again.

I tried logging in again but get the same error.  You mentioned in the thread " Cannot reach any menu from CB in the Backend" that the CB uddeIm plugin would have to be updated, so, any pointers there?

Thanks.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by kdave321. Reason: clarification

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334327 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic uddeIM on Joomla 4
Are you trying to use the Quick Message tab included with CB or the one included with UddeIM? If UddeIMs try using the one included with CB and ensure within CB > Plugin Management > Private Message System that it's configured to use UddeIM.

Note you're basically just buying more time here. CB 3.x will eventually completely rewrite the PMS to no longer support UddeIM and will be designed as an instant messenger so I recommend keeping that in mind, but you do have quite awhile before that happens.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kdave321
  • kdave321
1 year 3 months ago #334330 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic uddeIM on Joomla 4
I'm using the CB tab within the profile.  CB PMS plugin is pointed at uddeIM. I haven't changed any configuration options from J3.10. I noticed it does not even reach the sendUserPMS function in pms.mypmspro.php. Some authorized test is failing before that...
...but today, it's working! I looked at, but did not change, any configuration. bizarre...

I think my client would prefer a Facebook Messenger style interface anyway (by person instead of thread). JChatSocial has such a message system but no integration with CB PMS.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334331 by krileon

I'm using the CB tab within the profile.  CB PMS plugin is pointed at uddeIM. I haven't changed any configuration options from J3.10. I noticed it does not even reach the sendUserPMS function in pms.mypmspro.php. Some authorized test is failing before that...
...but today, it's working! I looked at, but did not change, any configuration. bizarre...

The error you got was the CSRF token failing to validate. It's possible the page was just cached, but glad it's working for you now.

I think my client would prefer a Facebook Messenger style interface anyway (by person instead of thread). JChatSocial has such a message system but no integration with CB PMS.

You may not need CB to integrate with it. A lot of extensions will work fine alongside CB since CB is an extension of the Joomla user object they'll render username, name, etc.. perfectly fine. Worst case you can integrate other extensions with CB usually with CB Auto Actions since it can act on Joomla and CB triggers/events.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kdave321
  • kdave321
1 year 3 months ago #334332 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic uddeIM on Joomla 4
JChatSocial does integrate with CB for users, avatars, connections, etc. I just need messages sent from CB to show up in chat hsitory.

If that's possible with triggers, do tell...

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334337 by krileon
Outside of making a new PMS plugin that integrates CB with that extension your only option is to set CBs PMS plugin to Internal instead of UddeIM then act on pm_onAfterCreateMessage trigger to synchronize the internal PM to JChatSocial. The trigger is as follows.

Code:
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'pm_onAfterCreateMessage', array( $this ) );

With var1 being $this which is the PM object. It contains the following.
Code:
/** @var int */ public $id = null; /** @var int */ public $from_user = null; /** @var string */ public $from_name = null; /** @var string */ public $from_email = null; /** @var int */ public $from_system = null; /** @var int */ public $to_user = null; /** @var int */ public $reply_to = null; /** @var string */ public $message = null; /** @var int */ public $from_user_delete = null; /** @var int */ public $to_user_delete = null; /** @var string */ public $date = null;

You can use that information to push it to your other extension. It will also be stored in CB, but you can largely ignore the CB functionality in this case since you'll be pushing to another extension.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: kdave321

Moderators: beatnantkrileon