Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Login module gives error

1 year 3 months ago #334345 by RobertvanderHulst
CB Login module gives error was created by RobertvanderHulst
We have upgraded our website to Joomla 4.
Now the CB Login module reports an error
Code:
"The most recent request was denied because it had an invalid security token. Please go back or refresh the page and try again."
when I logout and try to login with another user ID.
The "normal" Login module does not have this problem.

CB 2.8.0+build.2023.05.26.14.42.43.3634ccdb3
Joomla ‎4.3.2

Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334352 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Login module gives error
Joomla's security token failed. Do you have any form of caching enabled? It usually happens due to the form being cached causing the token in the cache to not be valid. Does this only happen if you login, logout, then login again? or on every login?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #334363 by RobertvanderHulst
Replied by RobertvanderHulst on topic CB Login module gives error
Yes, we have caching enabled.
It already happens on the first login, even when I have cleared the local cache for the last hour or so.
But why does the CB login have problems and the normal Login not?
Right now I am using the normal login. Could that cause problems with CB?

Robert

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334368 by krileon
Try disabling caching and see if your issue resolves. Joomla's login module maybe clearing some caches before rendering to avoid that issue. We do have cache clearing in CB, but it might not be working depending on what caching you're using. Are you using page caching or caching server side?

You shouldn't even be able to use the Joomla login module unless you unpublished CBs system plugin, which is what handles the cache invalidation so that might explain why it's not working. Yes, using Joomla login can be a problem as it bypasses CBs login approval and confirmation processes as well as doesn't fire CB login events. In a future CB release we will be discontinuing the login module in favor of just extending Joomla's login process though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #334378 by RobertvanderHulst
Replied by RobertvanderHulst on topic CB Login module gives error
I did have the community builder system plugin enabled
For the caching we use JHC Optimize Pro. The built in cache from Joomla is disabled.
Maybe I will have to exclude the CB login module somehow (i don't know how to be honest)
For now I have solved this by doing the following:
- the normal login is shown with the access set to "guest"
- the CB login is shown with the access set to "registered"
That way the login works, but we will also show the image of the current user with a link to the profile.
It is not ideal, but it works.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334380 by krileon
Disable JCH Optimize Pro and see if your issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon