Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Joomla 4 issue preparing content

• kdave321
  • kdave321
1 year 3 months ago #334373 by kdave321
Joomla 4 issue preparing content was created by kdave321
In Joomla 3 I had set up a nice managed video system using Joomla component content category, and in each article I simply put:

[cbgallery:gallery /]

This worked great in J3 to have a separate gallery for each article in the target category.  Now in J4 I notice it is randomly not processing that line. It just shows the line above instead of the gallery.  When I forced a page reload ( desktop Firefox ) it would work, but obviously I need it to always work regardless of cache.

Is this a magic new "feature" of Joomla 4 I don't know about?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334379 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Joomla 4 issue preparing content
Can't see any reason within the plugin for it self to suddenly stop working unless something prevented it from loading. Are you using caching within Joomla? If so try disabling it and see if the issue goes away.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kdave321
  • kdave321
1 year 3 months ago #334385 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic Joomla 4 issue preparing content
I already had cache turned off - altho despite that it appears to be caching page views sometimes. But today, no cache and my first visit to the article again did not process cbgallery. I hit reload a dozen times but no difference. I had on debug and I captured some output in attached "bad.txt".  Then I did force reload and it worked like it was supposed to. I attach that debug output in "good.txt".  You can clearly see it processing gallery tables in good but not bad.  
The regular reload of course is pulling the page from Firefox's own cache, and the force reload invalidates that cache and requires the webserver to resend it. But why is J4 sending the wrong version the first time?
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334386 by krileon
Browsers don't cache text unless you've a servicer worker doing that (basically forcing a PWA). Are you sure you don't have some sort of caching method somewhere enabled? 3rd party extension maybe? There isn't any reason for it to just sometimes work as it's a simple REGEXP check for the shortcode. Are any other shortcodes doing this? Try [username] and see if it breaks as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kdave321
  • kdave321
1 year 3 months ago #334387 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic Joomla 4 issue preparing content
This is on my local dev server and there is no other caching.

I actually already have another cb field on the  page: [cb:userdata field="name" user="###" /] - and it is always processed.  I attach the code I wrote for the articles.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334393 by krileon
Is it displaying on 1 view, but not another. For example feature articles it doesn't display but navigating to the article it does? This could purely be a content context issue. Have you made any changes to the settings in "Content - CB Gallery" Joomla plugin? As it's responsible for displaying inline galleries like that. So far I haven't been able to replicate your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon