Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Disable field mouseovers / tooltips

1 year 3 months ago #334468 by wintercorn
Disable field mouseovers / tooltips was created by wintercorn
How do I turn off these in the backend? They are driving me crazy.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334472 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Disable field mouseovers / tooltips
In backend? You can't. They should only be visible while the input is active/mouseover and should hide when no longer mousing over. If they're not hiding for you in backend then something is probably breaking their JavaScript.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #334473 by wintercorn
Replied by wintercorn on topic Disable field mouseovers / tooltips
They are very annoying. I'll find a way to kill them.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334474 by krileon
Can you be more specific about what about them annoys you? They shouldn't be covering the input they're describing. We're always open to feedback. Would removing them off the inputs themselves be sufficient so only the info icon shows them?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #334475 by wintercorn
Replied by wintercorn on topic Disable field mouseovers / tooltips
Yes. Just moving the mouse around the page triggers them and some cover the input such as attached.

Trying to edit the select box shows me a tooltip (not shown in image) and the large mouseover box. It's a constant flashing of boxes as I try and edit the registration fields.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334478 by krileon

Just moving the mouse around the page triggers them

That's kind of the point, but will see about adding a delay so it requires hovering for a period of time before they display.

and some cover the input such as attached.

Looks like this only impacts searchable selects. Standard selects sit on top of the tooltip and avoid this. Have added a bug ticket to suppress the tooltip when a dropdown is open.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9221

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon