Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Show tab description

1 year 3 months ago #334476 by wintercorn
Show tab description was created by wintercorn
I'm sure I've missed something in the config here but the description for each tab or field doesn't show on the front end. I've changed templates but nothing shows. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 months ago #334477 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Show tab description
For plugin tabs it's up to the plugin if it wants to render the description or not, but usually does in profile view and does not in profile edit/registration. You'd need to let us know which plugin isn't displaying its tab description and we can take a look at adding rendering for it.

For tabs you've created it should always display in profile edit/registration and does not display in profile view. It's typically best to just use a Custom HTML field so you've exact control of where it displays (across all 3 views).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon