Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Save progress function with a long form?

1 year 2 months ago #334510 by wintercorn
Save progress function with a long form? was created by wintercorn
I've got a site with a long registration of 8 sections and about 35 fields. Is there anyway to save progress at any point so users don't lose everything if they take too long to complete?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334514 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Save progress function with a long form?
We've no support for partial registrations. I'm honestly not aware of any platform having such functionality. The best I'd be able to suggest is something entirely client side that saves what they input into browser storage and restoring that on next visit, but that's something you could implement yourself since it requires no edits to existing core code.

I however recommend keeping registrations as absolutely minimal as possible for best possible conversions. For example if possible only ask what is necessary to establish the Joomla account (name, username, email, and password) then collect other information afterwards. If a field is vital to the sites function then that should also be on the registration form.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #334516 by wintercorn
Replied by wintercorn on topic Save progress function with a long form?
Problem is that the client wants to collect all info at once and not have a multi-step process. It's a professional organisation so no conversions needed as prospective members need to join. Not a huge issue but just wondered.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334518 by krileon
I'm not sure what the issue is then. Are they gone so long their session expires and causes the form token to expire? If that's the case you should be able to just increase the session time in Joomla global configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #334519 by wintercorn
Replied by wintercorn on topic Save progress function with a long form?
It isn't an issue yet, and I have a 60 min session, but their current WP site does have this problem and I'm trying to anticipate it.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334522 by krileon
The only thing I can think of is as suggested earlier. To implement some JavaScript to save their data client side and restore it on next visit. You can insert custom JS to the registration page using CB Auto Actions acting on the onBeforeRegisterFormDisplay trigger with a Code action.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon