Skip to Content Skip to Menu

different registrations forms

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 2 months ago #334550 by uwe2023
different registrations forms was created by uwe2023
Hi, I am trying to build a website with CB for different user types: customers, craftmen/retail and producers. For each type I need a different registration form. Is this possible with CB?
Best regards Uwe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334552 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic different registrations forms
The best way to do that is with CB Conditional.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-conditional

You can create a field for them to select their profile type then condition other tabs/fields based off that field to customize registration, profile edit, and profile view based off that profile type.

You can give it a try on our demo site below. You'll notice in the CB Conditional profile edit demo section that fields can easily hide one another.

demo.cbdemosites.com/login-as/user?demo=622

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 2 months ago #334560 by uwe2023
Replied by uwe2023 on topic different registrations forms
Hi Kyle, thanks for your great support.
My problem is: I am not really a coder. I now a lot of css and a some html, thats it. Meanwhile, I read your documentations, now I understand CB much better.

I will try hard....:-)
Best regards Uwe

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334563 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic different registrations forms
You don't have to code anything. CB Conditional is entirely configuration based. You should find its parameters under Integrations > CB Conditional when editing your tabs and fields. I've tried to design the UI to be self explanatory, but don't hesitate to ask if you've any questions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 2 months ago #334596 by uwe2023
Hi Kyle,

ok, I´ll do that.Best regards Uwe

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 2 months ago #334747 by uwe2023
Hi Kyle, maybe I wrote that wrong.

in the registration form I created a user field called "Registrieren als" (values "Händler", "Hersteller"). E.g. if somebody checks "Händler" I want that the user will automatically be registered in user group "Händler und Handwerker"(ID 10). I tried a lot, but for me it is not possible as it seems. I created a conditional field "Gruppe beitreten" (value now CBGJ Group category "Handel und Handwerk" and assigned the rights of usergroup "Handel und Handwerk" to this category. But that doesn´t work(as you may can imagine :-) ). Do you have a tip for me? Maybe with AutoActions? Or substitution, e.g.[cb:if userdata field="cb_registrierung_als"="Händler"....and now?? /]?

Best regards Uwe

Moderators: beatnantkrileon