Skip to Content Skip to Menu

formatname gets wrong URL in email

• kdave321
  • kdave321
1 year 2 months ago #334599 by kdave321
formatname gets wrong URL in email was created by kdave321
Sorry if this is an obvious one , but I can't find it.

When a CB profile is changed, I get an email about it. The profileupdatelogger seems to be sending an email with [formatname], but there's a link to the profile of who changed and by whom.  A "www." is prefixed before our site name in the URL, so the link fails. I know most sites that's OK, but we don't want www used.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334607 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic formatname gets wrong URL in email
The URL will construct the live site path using whatever Joomla tells us the live_site is, which comes from configuration.php. So ensure live_site is either empty or correctly set in your Joomla configuration.php file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kdave321
  • kdave321
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #334618 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic formatname gets wrong URL in email
live_site is null in my configuration.php file, nor do I see a site setting in backend global configuration.I noticed $_CB_framework->getCfg( 'live_site' ) returns the correct site name without the "www."
No where on my site do I have a link or URL that includes "www"
The only reference to www in the configuration is the hosted references to log and tmp paths: /home/customer/www/[name].net/public_html/logs

I dumped the entire database and saw no occurence of the www.name.net (except old redirect log)
I did find in a cached page where CB had used the www URL:

<link href=" www.name.net/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/fontawesome.css?v= ...

The cache file is from 1 week ago, but when I try to load the very same page, it does not now have the www.name.net URL's!
So I dunno. The Hosting site transferred to different physical servers and there may have been some confusion when the DNS switched IP's. I did another profile change just now and this time the email had the correct URL's!

Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by kdave321.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334624 by krileon
I'm guessing it was just a caching problem then as we don't do anything specific to live_site and just use whatever Joomla API gives us.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kdave321

• kdave321
  • kdave321
1 year 2 months ago #334678 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic formatname gets wrong URL in email
This problem is back.

What I notice is the www.name.net and name.net both point to the same IP ( but a reverse lookup points at ****.googleusercontent.com.  )

But I think what's happening is the " www.name.net " does not see the "name.net" in the session cookie, therefore it thinks I'm not logged in.  So the problem is still why Joomla's calculated "live_site" returns a different URL (sometimes).

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334684 by krileon
With and without www are 2 different domains when it comes to session cookies. If you want a specific format you should enforce that with a mod_rewrite URL rule or at the very least hardcode in the live_site into your configuration.php to whatever you're expecting it to be. This again though has nothing to do with CB. That's just how websites work.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon