Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Gallery videos issue

• kdave321
  • kdave321
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #334691 by kdave321
Gallery videos issue was created by kdave321
I saw your post about links in the gallery supporting Facebook videos. The video shows on FB with a variety of URL's which I tried all. You accept the link but it won't play - I believe it has some copyright restriction and can't be embedded ( even though that option is available on FB ).

So I used a 3rd party to download the video, and then uploaded it into the gallery. Sadly, no preview image appears in the clip or album. I wish that option were available in the edit clip.

Then I looked at the code and was very surprised to see the video link appears to be going to a CDN. I see the video uploaded onto my hosting server - but it doesn't link to it

<video src=" scontent.fmaa10-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t15.5256-10/359683683_305859885304136_4401645254410238239_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=b0ccae&_nc_ohc=ZZ-V785YMFwAX_hCtG5&_nc_ht=scontent.fmaa10-1.fna&oh=00_AfD-31mmtKF79aPY86nVwutUdT3isguZWx-kw50OptNp5w&oe=64D30409 " type="video/mp4" preload="auto" class="flex-auto h-100 w-100 mh-100 mw-100 galleryImagePreview galleryVideoPlayer" tabindex="-1">

The link goes to an image, but in the gallery, it does play the video.  When the clip is clicked it opens with a different URL - the correct URL for my uploaded video!

<video style="width: 100%; height: 100%;" src="https://[name].net/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;view=pluginclass&amp;plugin=cbgallery&amp;action=item&amp;func=show&amp;id=513&amp;gallery=56f85182a5f61e8d9900ec80edcbf8d7&amp;Itemid=790&amp;format=raw" type="video/mp4" controls="controls" controlslist="nodownload" preload="auto" class="position-absolute galleryVideoPlayer" width="100%" height="100%"></video>

I suspect if this URL were used in the album/clip instead of the CDN, I would see a preview image.

Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by kdave321. Reason: more info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334693 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery videos issue

I saw your post about links in the gallery supporting Facebook videos. The video shows on FB with a variety of URL's which I tried all. You accept the link but it won't play - I believe it has some copyright restriction and can't be embedded ( even though that option is available on FB ).

The Facebook video URLs can be problematic. They changed their share URL structure since that was implemented so it probably needs to be adjusted again. Will take a look for a future release as it's working in CB Activity 6.0.0 (still in development) and will implement the behavior from it into CB Gallery. It currently will only work with the raw video URL, which to get you need to go directly to the video. The share URL won't work for this. The URL should have the following structure.
Code:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=VIDEO_ID

So I used a 3rd party to download the video, and then uploaded it into the gallery. Sadly, no preview image appears in the clip or album. I wish that option were available in the edit clip.

Will be supported on the future, but only with servers with ffmpeg extension.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kdave321
  • kdave321
1 year 2 months ago #334694 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic Gallery videos issue
Thanks.

For the preview image in the album, I noticed putting the local video "name.net..." url into that video tag src worked fine, but I wanted my own preview image, so I updated thumbnail in #_comprofiler_plugin_gallery_items with SQL.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon