Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem loggin in on mobile ??

• rbuelund
  • rbuelund
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #334952 by rbuelund
Problem loggin in on mobile ?? was created by rbuelund
After update from 2.8.0 to 2.8.1 several users have problems logging in on a mobile phone - it just clears the fields and returns ?? On desktop there is no problem ??
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by rbuelund.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #334966 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem loggin in on mobile ??
I've no idea what you mean by "clears the fields and returns ??". What fields? What do you mean it returns "??" ? I cannot see how login on mobile would be different than desktop. We have no specific device behavior for login. It's just a standard HTML form. Are you using any form of login captcha as maybe the captcha is failing? Aside from that my best guess is maybe a 3rd party extension or plugin that's acting on login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by krileon.

• rbuelund
  • rbuelund
1 year 1 month ago #334970 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Problem loggin in on mobile ??
It just reloads the page without logging in. No error message - nothing. Only thing I did was update CB to latest version.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 month ago #334976 by krileon
I don't see how this could possibly be device specific. It's again just an HTML form. The only changes made in 2.8.1 that could impact the login flow was better support for Joomla's MFA plugin.

My guess is there's a login error of some kind with their account. Maybe they typed their username or password wrong, but that should display a Joomla message output if that's the case however some 3rd party Joomla templates don't render them. Are you able to confirm there's an issue with your sites login on a mobile device? Are you using Joomla 3 or Joomla 4?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rbuelund
  • rbuelund
1 year 1 month ago #334978 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Problem loggin in on mobile ??
So odd! Now i can login again - very strange. I actually also saw two login forms on the mobile after the first login attempt, when it was not working - could there be something there ?

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 month ago #334982 by krileon
Seeing 2 login modules likely means the login failed with an error and you were sent to the login page. Your template probably isn't outputting Joomla's message queue on mobile so you couldn't see why the login attempt failed.

Often it's due to some form of caching breaking the form tokens. I do not recommend using Joomla's full page caching if you have it enabled as it doesn't take into account forms on the pages its caching, which have form token that must validate.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon