Skip to Content Skip to Menu

GroupJive Usergroup with all access

1 year 1 month ago #335133 by craschnburn
GroupJive Usergroup with all access was created by craschnburn
I've been searching through the Core Help for GroupJive and have been unable to find.

There is a setting in groupjive that allows access to all groups for a specified user group.
I'd like to modify that setting.

Could someone assist in directing me towards to proper location?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 month ago #335136 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive Usergroup with all access
CB GroupJive Groups don't have a usergroup limitation unless one is applied to the category the group is in as their access is based off their group type mainly. Aside from that you might be referring to CB Moderators having access to all groups. Who is a CB Moderator is based off the View Access Level selected in CB > Configuration > Moderation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #335137 by craschnburn
Replied by craschnburn on topic GroupJive Usergroup with all access
Thanks for the response.
I checked both of those locations.  No.  There was another setting which I thought was within GroupJive.  

Well..
Here's my issue.  I have a Usergroup that is relevent to a Editor.  I remember granting that Usergroup access to all GroupJive groups.  
At the moment.  That Editor group has access to all GroupJive Groups, regardless if the Editor Group  should have access or not.
I hope this helps you help me.  LoL.

Thanks again.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 month ago #335142 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive Usergroup with all access
GJ Groups don't have access permissions beyond their group type and user state within that group. So you'll need to be more specific as to what groups they shouldn't be accessing.

If they're able to access invite only groups then they're probably a CB Moderator and CB Moderators have permissions over far more than GJ Groups. My above reply explains how to change that. The only other access applied is by the category that the group is in, which is adjusted by editing the category and changing its access parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon