Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can Auto Actions trigger on an arbitrary Joomla event?

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
1 year 3 weeks ago #335216 by petekuhn
When setting up an auto action, it looks like you could put an arbitrary event as a trigger instead of selecting one of the events in the dropdown. Is this correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 weeks ago #335218 by krileon
CB Auto Actions can act on Joomla events. Simply prefix the Joomla event with joomla_ and add it to the list of triggers. The triggers input is a Tags field so yes you can add additional triggers to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
1 year 3 weeks ago #335221 by petekuhn
Thanks!!!
I've done a quick implementation of this, and it seems to solve a long-term problem I'be been wrestling with. We have both paid memberships and ones based on work hours, which we have a custom component to track. I haven't been able to figure out how to renew memberships from the custom component without a manual step.
This seems to do it, I just send a trigger with the plan ID and do a renew action (skipping some stuff, obviously).
It may not work in all cases, but I think it will reduce the manual processing significantly.
I have to commend you for the clarity of the documentation on this. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
1 year 3 weeks ago #335222 by petekuhn
Follow on question. If the action tries to renew, but it can't for some reason, is it logged anywhere?

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 3 weeks ago #335224 by krileon
CBSubs might log it within CBSubs > History Log, but CB Auto Actions itself does not keep an error log.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon