Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Activating subscriptions using Auto Actions

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
1 year 2 weeks ago #335251 by petekuhn
The scenario is this. A user registers and doesn't complete payment. So they have a subscription with status R.

They then meet a requirement outside of the CB system, tracked by a custom component, and I want to activate the subscription.

I have tried the following wth Auto Actions type CB Paid Subscriptions, and nothing works. 
1. Subscribe to the plan
2. Renew to the plan
3. Delete the current current subscription, and then subscribe or renew to the plan

Is there a way to do this? TIA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #335255 by petekuhn
Replied by petekuhn on topic Activating subscriptions using Auto Actions
Additional information.

If the user registers, gets to payment, and then cancels, the following will work to subscribe them with Auto Actions: Delete followed by Subscribe.

If they do not cancel, this doesn't work. On the back-end, I notice that they have a Basket with status Basket Not Initiated. If I delete that basket, the above sequence works to subscribe them.
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by petekuhn.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 weeks ago #335265 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activating subscriptions using Auto Actions
The CB Paid Subscriptions auto action only takes into consideration existing subscription status. It shouldn't matter if they've a pending basket or not. The renewal mode only works for renewing an existing subscription. The subscribe mode only works if they don't have an existing subscription, but can bypass that can force a renewal if toggled on. Do they have a subscription to the plan in CBSubs > Subscriptions already?

I suppose you could also just use a query auto action before the cb paid subscriptions auto action and clear their pending basket. That might be the preferred method since you don't want them still having a pending unpaid basket after giving them the subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
1 year 2 weeks ago #335274 by petekuhn
They have no existing subscription at the time of the subscribe, since I had already done an Auto Actions delete (and I verified this in the database). The query Auto Action sounds like it would do it. 

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 weeks ago #335275 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activating subscriptions using Auto Actions
It's likely that the auto action is running fine, but there might be a check in CBSubs itself preventing the activation due to the unpaid basket. Clearing the basket first with a query action should resolve that though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
1 year 2 weeks ago #335276 by petekuhn
How do I reference a variable passed to the query Auto Action in the query sql?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon