Skip to Content Skip to Menu

PayPal error on subscription renewal

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
1 year 2 weeks ago #335329 by petekuhn
PayPal error on subscription renewal was created by petekuhn
A member noticed that their renewal a couple of months ago didn't take, although the payment went through with PayPal.
I found this history log entry for the error, which is attached.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 weeks ago #335338 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal error on subscription renewal
Looks like the IPN didn't contain the proper data. You can manually activate their subscription by editing it in CBSubs > Subscriptions and clicking the # under the ID column. This will let you fix their subscription.

As for the IPN not coming through with proper data be sure you've set your IPN settings correctly according to the instructions in the PayPal gateway. Below is the URL to go directly to the IPN settings page as PayPal keeps changing their UI constantly.

www.paypal.com/merchantnotification/ipn/preference

Next be sure you've set the proper settings in the Website Preferences. You can access this page below.

www.paypal.com/businessmanage/preferences/website

Specifically it's important that "Payment data transfer" is turned on and you've properly set your "Identity Token" in your PayPal gateway.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• petekuhn
  • petekuhn
1 year 2 weeks ago #335343 by petekuhn
Replied by petekuhn on topic PayPal error on subscription renewal
This seems to be a unique case, and it happened more than 2 months ago. 

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 weeks ago #335348 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal error on subscription renewal
Suggest checking the notification for that payment in CBSubs > Notifications and seeing what data PayPal sent as I've no idea.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon