Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Placeholders

• bmeeker
  • bmeeker
1 year 1 week ago #335397 by bmeeker
Placeholders was created by bmeeker
I have a few hundred fields. All have Click Here to Add Content as the placeholder for the field.
But some fields, even though they may be identical to many other fields(except the name), do not show the CB Core Fields Ajax Placeholder.

Any idea why this might happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 week ago #335400 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Placeholders
CB Core Fields Ajax should only display the place holder for fields that do not have a value and can be ajax edited by the viewing user. Some fields always have a value like integer fields are always at least 0 except for new users where it might be NULL. You'd need to provide what field types specifically aren't displaying the placeholder.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 week ago #335404 by krileon
They're editor fields. Editor fields often are never empty after their first edit. They usually end up with an empty paragraph element in them as that's the default wrapper element for new lines in the editors settings. Try editing the field and using the view source button and you should see that it's not truly empty.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bmeeker
  • bmeeker
1 year 1 week ago #335406 by bmeeker
Replied by bmeeker on topic Placeholders
I had already thought of the source code and I have checked the database.
Both were empty.

• bmeeker
  • bmeeker
1 year 1 week ago #335407 by bmeeker
Replied by bmeeker on topic Placeholders
I found the solution.
If the field is set to show 'Yes, 1 Line with Title' - it does not show the Placeholder.
If the field is set to show 'Yes,1 Line without Title' - it shows the Placeholder.

Got a fix for this? Or do I need to change all my fields?

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 week ago #335419 by krileon
The display mode has no relevance to it displaying placeholder or not. There's no checks for that within the code. All it checks for is the following.

Is the field NULL
Is the field EMPTY STRING
Is the field Equal To "Empty Field Text" in CB > Configuration > User Profile

If any of those pass it will render the placeholder. Have also checked toggling the display mode and am not seeing such an issue.

It's possible it's just a bug in the ajax edit template. What template do you have selected in that field for its core fields ajax parameters? If set to "Same as Global" what template is selected within CB Core Fields Ajax > Parameters? If using a custom template please switch to the default template and see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon